The St Francis Xavier Pastoral Centre was begun sometime around the year 2003 by the then Pioneer Bishop of Mamfe, Emeritus Bishop Francis Teke Lysinge. After many years of gradual development of the structures, the Centre was finally fit for use around the year 2010. Since then, the centre hosted mostly Diocesan events like meetings, seminars and conferences. Within the years 2014 onwards, the second residential Bishop, His Lordship Bishop Andrew Fuanya Nkea gave a significant face lift to the Pastoral Centre and widened its scope of operation. This major transformation saw the birth of a complete Conference/Banquet Hall, Restauration or Catering Service, Decoration Service, Hostels’ Service and Chapel. This upliftment brought the Pastoral Centre to the level of a “Five Star Hotel” open to the public as a significant contribution of the Diocese of Mamfe to the Community’s lodging and restauration plight.
This Policy handbook, therefore, presents the modus operandi of the four components of the Pastoral Centre which is an Empire of its own with an internal independent operational system. It spells out the rules and regulations of these various components.
Every Component has a Manager who takes care of the affairs of the component. Though inter related, each component runs itself.
THE PASTORAL CENTRE HALL
- The cost for renting the Conference/Banquet Hall stands at 100,000frs with cutlery
- The Cost of renting the Refectory Hall stands at 50,000frs with cutlery
- Chairs and tables are to be hired separately at 300frs per iron chair, 50frs per plastic chair and 1,000frs per table.
- Public Address System at 40,000frs
- A caution of 20,000 FRS must be deposited upon payment of fee. This is refundable in case no damages are recorded after use.
- Activities in the Hall must end before 10p.m.
- Decoration Charges are always negotiable with the Management.
- The Catering Service is open to all kinds of restauration demands
- Each buffet plate costs 2,500frs with 2 main dishes accompanied by entrée and deserts
- For outdoor catering , a complete plate costs 5,000frs (negotiable)
- Meals are served thus:
Breakfast – 7:30 a.m. @ 1,000frs Coffee Break – 10:30 a.m. @ 700frs Lunch – 1:00 p.m. @ 2,500frs Coffee Break – 4:30 p.m. @ 700frs Supper – 7:00p.m. @ 2,500frs
- The executive rooms are self-contained with Air condition and breakfast
- Executive Rooms– 15,000frs
- Dormitory – 3,000frs per bed
- Clients must always drop their keys before going out
Clients must For Religious, Priests and Diocesan Seminars (5,000frs+AC)
- check out before 12noon
- Clients must inform management in case of any damage caused
- Meals must be booked for in good time
- Room service costs 500frs
- Laundry service costs 1,000frs
- To use the Swimming Pool, clients pay 5,000frs per stay (discount when in a group of five and above*)
- To use the Sports complex, clients pay 2,500frs per stay*
- All clients are free to use the chapel at anytime, free of charge
- For wedding ceremonies – 50,000frs
- Memorials/Anniversaries – 50,000frs
- Retreats and Recollections – 25,000frs
*Lodging with persons of the opposite sex who are not married is strictly forbidden
Pastoral Center Staffs